Gorillaland – your Guide through Africa’s Homes of the Gorillas!
Welcome to the GorillaLand.com, your guide through Africa’s gorilla land!! Gorillaland is a resource created to bring you all the information you need to know about gorillas in the wild. We also bring to you the most updated news from the world of gorillas. Learn about the gorillas, conservation and interesting facts about these great apes that are native to the African continent.
The Gorilla Land – Where are Gorillas Found?
Are you planning to take a safari through the gorillaland? Discover the best places to visit & the best gorilla safaris to take while in Africa! This is the right place to start your research!
We’re here to help you do your research and book your next safari easy.
Research the best safari destinations where to go gorilla trekking >>
Get to know the best safari that suits? >>
Read reviews of different countries and national parks where gorilla trekking is conducted >>
Find out the best gorilla safari companies to use to plan your memorable holiday>>
Check out all the news & views on our GorillaLand blog >>
Where to Go
Uganda and Rwanda are the world’s most renowned destinations for gorilla trekking. There are several national parks with several habituated gorilla families that are open to tourist visits. These national parks contain African rainforests which are the natural habitat for mountain gorillas.
Uganda protects more than half of the world’s remaining population of the mountain gorillas within two national parks; Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Elsewhere in the region, Uganda has a series of attractive parks up its western edge north of Rwanda that offer further great ape tourism as well as lovely hiking and viewing of plains game.
Today, Rwanda is a stable country after the terrible events of 1994 and is widely held to be one of the safest countries in Africa to visit. The country protects the mountain gorillas in the Volcanoes National Park, part of the Virunga Volcanoes.
Democratic Republic of Congo
This amazing country protects three of the four gorilla species; the mountain gorillas, Eastern lowland gorillas and the Western lowland gorillas.
Locations – Where to Go
There are several places within the Gorillaland. in the 1970s, gorilla tourism was introduced within Africa. In 1979, Amy Vedder and Bill Webber initiated the first gorilla tourism project in Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park. Therefore the Volcanoes National Park (PNV) became the first place where gorilla watching was conducted by pioneer tourists being the overlanders who paid a partly – comparable to USD20 per person for the gorilla permit. After the initial success, gorilla watching spread to other places! Today there are several places where travelers can see the mountain gorillas in the wild.
The top Locations to visit include
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is the most popular place to see the mountain gorillas. Located in South Western Uganda, tracking the mountain gorillas in Bwindi ranks among the absolute highlights of African travel.
The Virunga Volcanoes: The Virunga Mountains are a chain of volcanoes that located between Lake Edward and the Rwenzori Mountains. These volcanoes are home to mountain gorillas that roam freely through the ranges. Currently every country that shares the Virunga has gazetted its part into a national park;
- Virunga National Park in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in Uganda
- Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda
What to See
About Gorillas – All You Need to Know About Gorillas
What to Do in the Gorillaland
We have great safaris to these to the best locations where gorilla watching is done. Apart from the gorillas, these locations also protect a wonderful variety of other African animals which live in rainforests. These include animals like Colobus monkeys, forest hogs and beautiful rainforest birds. And many of these African rain forest parks also have other African wildlife like lion, elephant, buffalo, zebra, giraffe and antelope. So this is a stunning combination to experience. There are also interesting cultures of the local people that live adjacent to these parks. These communities are hospitable and are eager to show to you the way the live or how they lived! All these make safaris to the gorilla land lifetime experiences!
Practical Tips to Planning a Gorilla Safari
Wondering about when to go gorilla trekking? Here are free guides to the best times to go on your next gorilla safari in Africa.
How Much is a Gorilla Safari? Here are discounted gorilla safaris in Uganda, Rwanda, DR Congo, Congo, Gabon. Superb deals on the best gorilla safaris in Uganda & Rwanda.
- Gorilla Safari Planning: Find all the information you need to plan a gorilla safari! Looking for a great deal? We bring to you the best deals for lovers of gorilla safaris and travel, or those who’d love to learn more about them. There are also money saving deals you don’t want to miss. Find peace of mind & answers to your questions about your gorilla safari & travels. Superb deals on gorilla trekking safaris, tours & flights.
- Essential Information: Find Expert advice about where to go, best time to go, staying healthy, visas and tips on how to get the best out of your safari.
- Accommodation: Discover the best places where to stay while on a safari in Africa! Find peace of mind & answers to your questions about the best accommodation Africa has! Money saving tips & superb deals on the best places to stay!
- The Best Gorilla Safaris & Deals For You! – Expert Advice to your questions about which are the best gorilla safaris for you! Free guide to top adventures to take in Africa. Find superb deals on the best tours to take in Africa.
- How to Book Gorilla Permits
- What to Wear on a Gorilla Trek
- What to Pack for a Gorilla Safari
News & Updates
News – Follow what’s new within the GORILLALAND
The Gorillaland Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes in the countries where gorillas are found. Find news, events and deals on gorilla travel in Africa.
Feel free to contact us for expert advice, suggestions & ideas about the best gorilla safaris & vacations in Africa for you – based on your interests and budget. And it’s on us!
Ready? Okay, let’s get started…